WebD2 Club Meeting Minutes
Thursday 11 MAR 2021
3:30 – 4:30pm
- Robert Buchholz
- Frank Kashdan
- Brian Kallie
- Jennifer Strader
- Nikki Thurman
- Ayoub Ben Khedher
Agenda – Open Agenda
- Next Meeting
- Brian set up Discord for us.
- He described it as a collision of Ventrilo and Slack.
- We briefly discussed the background/origins of Discord.
- Brian shared credentials with Robert.
- Frank suggested we work in the channels within Discord.
- We determined that it is possible to meet in Discord instead of WebEx.
- We would need to invite all attendees and invitations expire.
- You can bring people into Discord and assign roles to them.
- We decided to use our real names instead of funny screen names when signing into our channel so we all know who is talking.
- Subject options for Podcast that we discussed were Tricks and Basics for CSS
- Brian asked how detailed we wanted to be.
- Frank suggested that we keep it simple.
- He said that as we go further we could dive deeper into the subject.
- Nikki threw out: What is CSS, What are the benefits, What are the best practices
- Robert suggested loading topics into Trello.
- Frank opened Trello and added topics.
- He suggested that between now and next meeting we go into Trello and Discord and share ideas.
- He went over Trello cards.
- Nikki asked if we can start sharing resources and brainstorming in Discord.
- Frank suggested we create something like our own “subreddit” on the website for our resources.
- Robert said maybe we could do that in a new board in Trello
- Brian asked if anyone had been in the website working on it.
- No one had.
- Robert said that he was pretty sure that Adam still wanted to work on the website even though he was not present at this meeting.
- Ayoub volunteered to help on website during spring break.
- We can use Discord for website ideas too.
- Robert demonstrated how to add meeting minutes to website.
- Thursday March 25, 2021, 3:30 to 4:30
- Bring more ideas for website and podcast
- Maybe we can work on framing podcast.